Book 11 - Nestor

Nestor is a really intriguing character. As we continue to read, I can see how he has grown, at the beginning of the book I thought he was just another counselor of King Agamemnon, but now I can see that he is so much more than that. Throughout the story, Nestor's wisdom continues to save the Greeks from the war. The first time was when he challenged King Agamemnon's idea of testing his army, and then he orchestrated and sent the 3 generals to talk to Achilles (which was not successful), But Nestor knows that the only way to win the Trojan War is with Achilles by their side. When Achilles sends Patroklos (Book 11 - 605 to 617) to talk to Nestor, Nestor sees an opportunity and takes advantage of the relationship between Achilles and Patroklos. He tries to convince Patroklos to get Achilles back into the war (Book 11 - 655 to 676) and (Lines 785 - 802) And I think he is in the right direction, if anything happens to Patroklos , Achilles will definitely join the fight again.

Comments

  1. He seems to be one of the more human characters, and the fact that he is so uncharacteristically relatable compared to the rest of the people in this story tells me that this behavior exhibited by the rest may not be the norm, but in fact an assumption.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment