Book 5
I found Book 5 to be one of the most interesting books that we have recently read for a few reasons. Aside from the gory descriptions of the battle, I found it very interesting how the gods chose to reveal themselves during the battle. For most of the other books, the gods have simply influenced characters into doing certain things, but in this battle, both Aphrodite and Ares made an appearance on the battlefield, as well as other gods. Prior to this, the mortal's interactions with the gods were limited, and it was unclear as to whether or not other people could actually see them, such as when Athena came down to prevent Achilles from killing Agamemnon, it was unclear as to whether or not everyone could see her, or if it was only Achilles. However, as shown by the wounds that the gods obtain from the battle, it is clear that the gods are capable of being seen and wounded by everyone.
Yeah you’re right , I found that battle to be more interesting than the other ones .
ReplyDelete