Book 22

In Book 22 Hektor's time has come which was inevitable regardless of what armor he wore , whichever gods was helping him he was destined to die. It ended up being karma that he wore Patrocles armor because that is what helped Achilles take him down. However , even if he wasn't wearing that armor i still feel like he was destined to die at Achilles hand out of everyone.

Comments

  1. I agree that it did end up being karma that Hektor wore Patroclus' armor because Achilles did have an advantage. Achilles knew exactly what the armor's weak point was, he was able to attack Hektor to his full advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized that is Book 22, it was karma till you mentioned that. I agree as well. But we all knew that Hektor was going to because it was Achilles destiny to kill him. I found it strange that Hektor would even wear the armor of Achilles friend. Technically Achilles has the same armor like the rest of the Achaeans. And I believe that this is why Achilles has an advantage at beating Hektor. Achilles knows the armor inside out and therefore knows the armors defects. Thus Achilles is able to get Hektor by the neck. Homer states, "Yet showed where the collar-boned hold the neck from the shoulders, the throat, where death of the soul comes most swiftly; in this place brilliant Achilleus drove the spear as he came on in fury" (line 324- 326). What I couldn't get passes was how Achilles would not allow Hektors body to be returned to Troy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment