My final paper topic choice
I chose to analyze Herald's speech in Aeschylus' Agamemnon because in comparison to the Iliad and the other short epics we covered in class, I found this epic to be the most understandable to me. Instead of choosing a more popular paper topic to write on, I chose the one I felt most comfortable with since I also used Agamemnon for the snow day assignment. I will answer the questions first that the professor is asking of us as an outline, then I want to really look at the text closely for specific terms used, similes, metaphors and ask myself why the character speaking chose this specific word or text.
Speaking of the Chorus character in general, for some reason I think of them as intruders sometimes, or what I mean is a group of elders that never mind their business. They are always there in the background to give their feedback, which not in all cases is beneficial or necessary. The Chorus does not always allow the characters to speak their mind fully when they always interrupt a conversation. Another question to ask is why do some of the women characters in the epics go to the Chorus to vent or express emotions to them while the women definitely know how the men view them as second class citizens. So how would the Chorus's opinion help the women be at ease, or satisfied with the advice given when all I see is them mocking the women every time they speak? (Just a thought)
Speaking of the Chorus character in general, for some reason I think of them as intruders sometimes, or what I mean is a group of elders that never mind their business. They are always there in the background to give their feedback, which not in all cases is beneficial or necessary. The Chorus does not always allow the characters to speak their mind fully when they always interrupt a conversation. Another question to ask is why do some of the women characters in the epics go to the Chorus to vent or express emotions to them while the women definitely know how the men view them as second class citizens. So how would the Chorus's opinion help the women be at ease, or satisfied with the advice given when all I see is them mocking the women every time they speak? (Just a thought)
Comments
Post a Comment